Note: If you haven’t chosen your integration method yet, begin by selecting your method and following the ‘What to do next’ steps first.
Easily handle simple and secure payments on your back-end with the Judopay Ruby server side SDK.
- Ruby 1.9.3 and above (including 2.0.x and 2.1.x).
Add the following line to your application’s Gemfile:
Once the Gemfile is set, then there are two options to finish the installation:
Execute the following line:
Or install it yourself as:
$ gem install judopay
To start setting up your app, please complete all the relevant integration steps in the setup section. By following these steps, you are ensuring that your app will be secure and frictionless for you and your customers.
When you have completed the setup, start using Judopay’s .NET SDK by adding your app’s token and secret and add them to your app configuration when initializing the SDK:
Judopay.configure do |config| config.judo_id = 12345 config.api_token = 'your-token' config.api_secret = 'your-secret' # Set to true on production, defaults to false which is the sandbox config.use_production = false end
Remember, if you perform payments only from your backend, you should only enable the ‘Register Card Transactions’ permission for your app and create a separate app for your backend with only the ‘Make Payments’ permission enabled.
Note: Processing transactions with AmEx cards requires that your account supports it as well. Please contact us first if you are planning to accept AmEx.
The SDK allows further configuration. These are the options:
- Logging – This will help you debugging your Judopay integration.
Setup the payment types you require for your app. Depending on your chosen integration method you have a variety of payment types.
- Pre-authorization to reserve funds on a card.
- Register card or save it to be stored for future transactions.
- Token payment with a stored card token.
- Token pre-authorization with a stored card token.
- Collection on a pre-authorization.
- Refund an amount.
- Void a pre-authorization or a card registration.
- Web payments to use the mobile optimised payment screen.
Test sandbox payments
Test your app quickly and securely with different payment types. The Sandbox testing guide will provide you all the details you need to ensure a solid integration. Here are some highlights:
- Ensure that the SDK is properly configured for sandbox environment.
- Use the test cards provided in the dashboard, under ‘Tools › Generating transactions’.
- If 3D Secure is enabled and you want to simulate the 3D Secure screen, contact us for card details.
Note: Test all the payment types you require in the sandbox environment before going live.
To protect your app from fraud in real-time, Device DNA™ is an essential component of JudoShield that enables Judopay to capture data and device signals at the time of the transaction.
If you are integrating the ‘Mobile and your server side method’, you need to use Device DNA on the mobile in conjunction with your backend when making a payment:
- To setup Device DNA for your server side SDK please follow the Getting started guide.
- To setup Device DNA for your mobile app, please follow the Getting started guides for iOS, Android.
Learn more about Device DNA.
Ready to go live?
- Completed integration and setup.
- Set up Device DNA.
- Tested the payment types you require in sandbox.
When you have completed these steps, you are ensuring that your app will be secure and frictionless for you and your customers.
Follow the next steps in the Going live guide.